On this 1 day course you will learn different strategies for managing conflict effectively, in order to build stronger relationships and minimise the negative impact on performance and productivity. You will understand the different types of conflict that exist in the workplace and will learn a range of techniques, approaches and tools for dealing with them effectively. You will also be updated on the Irish labour law implications for managing conflict in the workplace.
Anyone in the workplace who experiences conflict and wants a standard method and processes in their organisations for dealing with conflict in a timely manner. Front line managers who deal with large teams in potential conflict situations that require upskilling. Also suitable for organisations looking to reduce legal bills that result from conflict situation by skilling up managers on the legal implications of conflict.
After the 1 day training workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of personal styles in a conflict situation
- Understand the drivers of behaviour and managing self in conflict
- Manage the 5 default reactions to conflict and how to deal with them
- Select from a toolbox for better listening, questioning, coaching and motivating
- Give and receive feedback more effectively
- Use influencing as a skill
- Deal with difficult people and situations
- Recognise workplace conflict and the legal (Irish) implications
- Plan for conflict interventions and resolutions
Our interactive practical courses and learner centred approach, combined with small class sizes, provide the very best virtual learning environment for participants. We focus on skills development by closing the gaps on knowledge, sharing and applying best practices in learning and development. Participants leave our programs with increased confidence and armed with behaviours and tools that can be applied in the workplace. Post-training we provide further support through group and individual coaching/mentoring to maximise behaviour transfer into the workplace. This makes for a far better training investment.
Included in the programme and the financial investment will be a 1 hour remote support (via Zoom or phone or email) for participants. They will also be invited to a 90 minute follow-up Zoom workshop approximately 1 month after the initial training in order to support them as they transfer the new knowledge and behaviours into the workplace. These 2 best practice steps in training are strongly recommended by Cumara Performance for delivering better results for the team.
- Understanding most personalities and styles (Transactional Analysis)
- Managing self in conflict – Assertiveness and emotional intelligence
- 5 conflict styles
- Toolbox for better communication
- Listening & questioning
- Coaching & motivating
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Influencing as a skill
- Dealing with difficult people, situations and conversations
- Irish labour law and its implications when managing conflict
- Planning for conflict intervention and resolution